Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MISS LACEY - DAY 2.1

Well... as I was expecting Lacey didn't give me the best "welcome home" after work.  However, after about 10-15 minutes, she came out of her crate and started following me around.  If I sit on the bed, she jumps up, if I sit on the couch she sits on the couch, if I walk into the bathroom, yeah, you guessed it, there she is!

Another positive note is, while skittish, she's becoming pretty loving.  I sat down in the floor and she walked over and sat in my lap.  She then turned around and gave me a few nice kisses.

She's still not wild about her food.  She did eat while i was gone today, but when I got ready to feed her her evening meal, she turned her nose up at it.  We'll give it another couple days.  As long as she does eat, I wont be worried.

I know this is going to be a long road to a completely "comfortable dog," but she's well on her way.   Over the next weeks I plan on slowly introducing her to my friends to get her more comfortable with new people. If all goes well, I may even introduce her to a couple Ridgeback friends I have. :)

Well, we are off to attempt the stairs again so we can go on a walk.

Wish us luck!

2 comments: